Preferred Name Change

Muskegon Community College recognizes that many members of our community use names other than their legal names to identify themselves. As long as the use of a different name is not for the purposes of misrepresentation, the College agrees a student or employee may choose to identify themselves within the College’s information systems with a preferred first name in addition to their legal name.

To change your preferred name, please download, complete, and submit the Muskegon Community College Preferred Name Request Form and required documents to:

Student Welcome Center
221 South Quarterline Road
Muskegon, MI 49442

Click here to download the Muskegon Community College Preferred Name Request Form

Please bring photo ID to verify legal name.

Please note that a preferred name may be used in the following places:

  • MyMCC Student and Employee Display Name
  • BlackBoard
  • Official College Email and Username
  • Class Rosters
  • Employee Badge and Student Worker Badge (there is a nominal fee for a new badge)

Please note that a legal first name is used in the following places:

  • Financial Aid
  • Billing and Student Accounts
  • MyMCC One Card (also serves as Library Card)
  • Tax Forms
  • Responses to Enrollment Verification Inquiries
  • Official Transcripts
  • US Postal Mail
  • College Legal Documents and College Reports

**To make a legal name change, please complete the Student Personal Data Change Request at the Welcome Center**