MCC’s current strategic plan concludes six months early on December 31, 2021. MCC, an Achieving the Dream Leader College since 2015, will engage students, community stakeholders, board/committee members, and employees in a process to develop MCC’s 2022-2026 strategic plan. 147 Students, community stakeholders, Trustee/Board members, and employees are meeting July – October to identify goals for the Muskegon Community College 2022-2026 strategic plan. The new 54-month plan will build on our student success accomplishments and aims to position Muskegon Community College as one of the best community colleges in the nation.
The five planning committees will identify proposed goals in October 2021. Community and campus members will have the opportunity to provide feedback on the proposed goals at a series of Strategic Plan Preview Forums held on Zoom:
- Strategic Plan Preview Community Forum with MCC President, Dr. Dale Nesbary, 4-5pm Monday, November 1, 2021
- Strategic Plan Preview Student Forum 3-4pm Thursday, November 4, 2021
- Strategic Plan Preview Employee Forum with MCC President, Dr. Dale Nesbary, 8:30am Friday, November 5, 2021
- Strategic Plan Preview Student Forum 2-3pm Monday, November 8, 2021
Input from student, community, and employee surveys will help set the agendas for this summer’s strategic planning meetings. Subscribe to our newsletter, MCC News Digest, and follow us on the MCC Facebook for community members to keep informed of our progress and participate in community surveys.
Additional information about the planning process is outlined in the MCC Integrated Planning Charter.
The 54-month plan commences January 1, 2022 and concludes June 30, 2026. Our aim is to increase enrollment among under-represented groups and meet the criteria for the top student success awards from the leading student success organizations, the Achieving the Dream Leah Meyer Austin Award, Achieving the Dream Leader College of Distinction, and the Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence. These prestigious awards are based on student success data related to equity, access, retention/completion, graduation rates, and post-graduate success.
As part of Muskegon Community College’s strategic planning process, we encouraged input from the community about what programs, courses, and other educational opportunities are needed. We worked with a variety of partners to get input from current/recent high school students, current/recent MCC students, business/industry, alumni, and all community members in May-August 2021.
Contact Dr. Edward Breitenbach, Dean of Instruction and Assessment, at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Five planning committees will meet July – October to identify goals for the strategic plan. Proposed goals are prioritized and finalized by members of the MCC Integrated Planning Steering Committee.
|The Student Experience Committee||Kristina Broughton||Digital Marketing Manager|
|Irene Church||Faculty (Business)|
|Patti D’Avignon||Director of Student Success|
|Student Success and Assessment Committee||Dr. Ed Breitenbach||Dean of Instruction and Assessment|
|JB Meeuwenberg||Faculty (College Success Center)|
|Heidi Romero||Career and Transfer Services Manager|
|Inclusion and Culture Committee||Kristine Anderson||Executive Director of Human Resources|
|Ashley Battle||Manager of Admissions Partnerships|
|Jamar Ragland||Early College Mentor|
|Technology and Facilities Committee||Sarah Pearson||Orientation Specialist|
|David Sturgeon||Director of Physical Plant|
|Dr. Steven Wilson||Chief Information Officer (ellucian)|
|Community Outreach and Engagement Committee||Stephanie Briggs||Director of Admissions|
|Navidad Cortez||Department Secretary (Counseling)|
|Kristin Tank||Dean of Marketing and Communications|
- Dr. Dale Nesbary, President (Chair)
- Tina Dee, Director of Strategic Initiatives (Assistant Chair)
- Kristine Anderson, Executive Director of Human Resources
- Eduardo Bedoya, Director of Institutional Research
- Sally Birkam, Dean of Student Success and Campus Life
- Dr. Ed Breitenbach, Dean of Assessment and Instruction
- Dr. Kelley Conrad, Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Ruben Cortez, Custodial/Maintenance Unit Association representative
- Patti D’Avignon, Director of Student Success (The Student Experience liaison Aug-Jan)
- Beth Dick, Vice President of Finance
- Ken James, Chief Diversity Officer
- George Maniates, Faculty Association President
- Marty McDermott, Dean of College Services and Athletic Director
- Teresa Newmarch, Chief Advancement Officer
- Chris Nowak, Educational Support Staff Association representative
- Dr. John Selmon, Provost and Executive Vice President
- Kristin Tank, Dean of Marketing and Communications
- Dr. Steven Wilson, Chief Information Officer (Ellucian)
Integrated Planning Consultant: Dr. Nicholas Santilli, Senior Director for Learning Strategy, The Society for College and University Planning (SCUP)
Director of Strategic Initiatives