The purpose of the Geo Club is to help students to make the connection between what they learn in Geography class (or any other class) and what they are exposed to in their daily lives.
The purpose of the Gamma Theta Upsilon shall be:
- To further professional interest in geography by affording a common organization for those interested in this field.
- To strengthen student and professional training through academic experiences other than those of the classroom and laboratory.
- To advance the status of geography as a discipline for study and investigation.
- To encourage student research of high quality and to promote an outlet for publication.
- To create and administer funds for furthering graduate study and/or research in the field of geography.
- To encourage members to apply geographic knowledge and skills in service to humankind.