Muskegon Community College TRiO Upward Bound Project
The academic year begins in September of each year and goes until the month of June. During the academic year, students receive the following services:
- tutorial assistance twice a week
- academic advising
- personal counseling and mentoring
- social and cultural activities
- In addition, Upward Bound also offers Saturday sessions where students attend presentations on topics of interest.
- The six-week, non-residential component offers the students an opportunity to become totally engaged in the curriculum while on the campus of Muskegon Community College. Students will acquire valuable personal and academic skills by:
- Instruction in math, laboratory sciences, composition and literature, and foreign language.
- Educational field trips, college tours, and guest speakers to broaden students’ experience.
- Interacting with other students who are also college bound.
For more information on the Upward Bound Project, please call (231) 777-0425.
What does it cost? Nothing! Program participation is absolutely free to those students who qualify.