A non-degree seeking student is defined as a student looking to take college courses at Muskegon Community College but not seeking to obtain a degree. A guest student is categorized as either a College Guest or a a Community Guest.
Students attending other colleges or universities within the state may be admitted as college guests by filing a Michigan Undergraduate Guest Application in addition to the online application.
Guests should develop a program of study with an adviser at their home institution to ensure proper course selection and credit transfer. College Guest status must be renewed each semester.
Please follow the following steps to ensure an effortless college guest experience:
- Consult your adviser at your primary institution to ensure appropriate course selection to meet your transfer requirements.
- Apply for admission, and complete the Michigan Undergraduate Guest Application.
- Complete Part I of the Michigan Uniform Undergraduate Guest Application by printing clearly or typing, then signing the application.
- Ask an official at your current institution to complete Part II and submit the application to MCC’s Enrollment Services office.
- You will be notified via the email address on your Michigan Undergraduate Guest Application that MCC has received and processed the application.
- Transcripts, placement testing, and new student orientation are not required for college guest students that have filled out the proper forms and have been notified.
- Register and pay for classes.
- Guest students pay all tuition and fees, they do not qualify for financial aid.
- Request an official transcript be sent to your home institution after completion of the semester.
Office of Enrollment Services
Muskegon Community College
221 S. Quarterline Rd Room 1043
Muskegon, MI 49442
Students not looking to get a degree or not having completed high school or the GED, may be admitted as a Community Guest Student. You will be eligible to change to a Degree Seeking Student at any point, upon submitting your high school transcript, GED, test scores and submitting a Program Change Form.
Please follow the following steps to ensure for an effortless community guest experience:
- Complete the free MCC Application muskegoncc.edu/apply
- Complete Placement Testing muskegoncc.edu/testing, if applicable
- Complete mandatory Title IX Sexual Assault Prevention for Community Colleges Training
- Complete New Student Orientation
- Register for pay for classes
For more information, please contact: Admissions@muskegoncc.edu