A non-degree seeking student is defined as a student looking to take college courses at MCC, but not seeking to obtain a degree or certification. A guest student is categorized as either a College Guest or a a Community Guest.
College Guest Students
Students attending other colleges or universities that want to take a course(s) that will transfer back to their university or college. A Michigan Uniform Undergraduate Guest Application (MUUG) is also required after you have been admitted into MCC.
The MUUG form must be submitted each semester that you intend to take courses.
Please follow the following steps to ensure an effortless college guest experience:
- Consult your adviser at your primary institution to ensure appropriate course selection to meet your transfer requirements.
- Apply for admission.
- Complete the Michigan Undergraduate Guest Application.
- Complete Part I of the Michigan Undergraduate Guest Application by printing clearly or typing, then signing the application.
- Ask an official at your current institution to complete Part II and submit the application to MCC’s Admissions office one of the following ways:
Fax firstname.lastname@example.org (231) 777-0443 Muskegon Community College
221 S. Quarterline Rd
Muskegon, MI 49442
- You will be notified via the email address on your Michigan Undergraduate Guest Application that MCC has received and processed the application.
- Transcripts and placement testing are not required for college guest students that have filled out the proper forms and have been notified.
If you have not completed high school or the GED, or wish to take selected courses without the intent of earning a degree, certificate, or diploma you may be admitted as a Community Guest Student. You will be eligible to change to a Degree Seeking Student at any point, upon submitting your high school transcript, GED, test scores and submitting a Program Change Form.
Please follow the following steps to ensure for an effortless community guest experience: