Welcome to Muskegon Community College, a dynamic institution serving Muskegon, Newaygo, Oceana, and Ottawa counties, as well as students online around the state, nation and world, for more than 90 years.
We continually strive to be a higher education leader in student success, community engagement, and innovative academic programming. MCC has been recognized as an Achieving the Dream Leader College and the top-ranked community college in the State of Michigan.
Thanks to the generosity of Muskegon County residents and support from Lansing to Washington D.C., our campus is experiencing its most significant facilities upgrade since the construction of our current site in 1967:
- Our state-of-the-art Science Center, a life and physical sciences building opened in August 2015, will serve our campus and business community for decades to come.
- Our Sturrus Technology Center, an adaptive reuse of the former Muskegon Chronicle and Masonic Temple buildings, opened in January 2018 and houses applied technology, entrepreneurial studies and experiential learning in the heart of historic downtown Muskegon.
- Our Health and Wellness Center, which serves our growing Medical Assistant program, our Health, Physical Education and Recreation Department curriculum, and our greater community via a partnership with Mercy Health, opened in January 2019.
- Our Art and Music Building opened in August 2019 in the former Technology Building space on the main campus.
- We will continue to upgrade our MCC Lakeshore Fitness Center – the former Muskegon YMCA building – acquired in 2016 and soon will begin transforming vacated campus spaces into our time-honored Frauenthal Fine Arts Center.
These exciting campus renovations and additions enhance MCC’s focused efforts to remain nationally and internationally competitive by connecting our exceptional faculty and staff with cutting-edge facilities.
As always, please feel free to contact me at (231) 777-0303 or by email at email@example.com if you have questions or need assistance in any matter.
Dale K. Nesbary, Ph.D., President