The Center for Theater
The Center, which operates within the Arts and Humanities Department, provides theater classes for MCC students as well as a diversified schedule of performances. These include a season of plays produced by the College, an annual concert by the Overbrook Dance Theater, and touring productions of various kinds.
2019-2020 Calendar of Events
Muskegon Community College Center for Theater, which is celebrating the 50 years of performances at its Overbrook Theater, has announced its 2019-2020 schedule of theatrical productions which are centered on the theme “A Season of Hope.”
- In celebration of the Golden Anniversary of Overbrook Theater, which officially opened in January 1969, a Mystery Dinner Theater, titled “Murder at the Gallery,” will be offered on Saturday, Sept. 28.
- “The Diary of Anne Frank” will be performed on Thursday-Sunday, Oct. 24-27, in Overbrook Theater.
- The Center for Theater will present “Once Upon a Time: Stories of the Season” Wednesday-Saturday, Dec. 4-7, in Overbrook Theater.
- “Cabaret: The Musical” will be performed in Overbrook Theater on Thursday-Sunday, Feb. 20-23, 2020.
- “A Voice of My Own,” a celebration of Women in Literature, will take place on various dates during the months of March and April 2020. More details will follow.
- A tradition whose roots date back to the 1970s, “Dance Concert 30,” a celebration of Dance at MCC, returns to Overbrook Theater on Friday-Saturday, March 27-28, 2020.
- “Studio on Stage,” highlighting the work by MCC performing arts students in theater and dance courses, celebrates its 25th anniversary on Thursday, April 23, in Overbrook Theater.
For more information, contact the MCC Arts and Humanities Department at (231) 777-0324.