Congratulations, MCC Class of 2020!
Due to COVID-19, the traditional MCC Commencement ceremony that was scheduled for May 6, 2020 was replaced with a week-long celebration – June 22-26 – with daily video tributes to the MCC Class of 2020 and a Drive-Thru Celebration on campus.
View the five video tributes and images from the Drive-Thru event below:
- DAY ONE: Video messages to the Class of 2020 from MCC President Dale K. Nesbary, U.S. Senator Debbie Stabenow, and U.S. Senator Gary Peters.
- DAY TWO: Video messages to the Class of 2020 from MCC faculty, staff and alumni.
- DAY THREE: Video message from Provost/Executive Vice President John Selmon. Video addresses to the Class of 2020 by student speakers William Vauters and Matthew Torrenga. Video messages from Class of 2020 graduates to their family and friends.
- DAY FOUR: Video recognition of the 2020 nursing graduates.
- DAY FIVE: Video address and formal awarding of degrees and certificates by MCC Board of Trustees Chair Diana Osborn, followed by a scrolling list of every Class of 2020 graduate. Congratulations!!
Graduate Drive-Thru on Campus
The MCC Faculty Association organized a Student Graduation Drive-Thru on campus for the Class of 2020 on June 24.
The 2020 graduating class will receive a special Graduate Packet in the mail around the beginning of August 2020. This packet will include a diploma cover, 2020 Commencement Program, and letter from the MCC President Dale K. Nesbary.
Invitation to 2021 Commencement
The 2020 graduating class will receive an invitation to walk across the stage at next year’s Commencement Ceremony in May 2021.
Who Is Eligible to Participate in Commencement?
The 2020 Commencement will recognize students who graduated in the Fall 2019 and Winter 2020 semesters, as well as students who plan on completing their programs in the Summer 2020 semester.
How and When Should You Apply to Graduate?
The initial deadline to submit an Application for Graduation was March 1, 2020. However, students may still to apply to graduate in the Summer 2020 semester, even after the initial March 1 deadline. Click here for step-by-step instructions on applying for graduation online in Student Planning.
Connect with MCC Alumni Relations!
When you graduate from MCC with an Associate’s Degree (or complete 35 credits or more at MCC), you are automatically considered a member of the MCC Alumni Association! With this membership, you will have access to special benefits and opportunities. We also recommend that you connect with MCC on LinkedIn, so that you can stay up-to-date on what’s new at MCC and take advantage of professional networking opportunities. Click the links below for more information and to stay connected with us after you graduate:
For further information about graduation and commencement, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by calling Joan Jolman, Degree Audit Specialist, at (231) 777-0204.