MCC Compliance Office Charge and Mission
The MCC Compliance Office provides the day-to-day operations and oversight of the institutional compliance. The Compliance Office is responsible for developing, coordinating and monitoring efforts and programs for Muskegon Community College to assure that its officers and employees and actions are compliant with all policies, procedures, laws, and other regulations.
As members of the Muskegon Community College population we share a sense of pride in what we stand for, what we’ve accomplished, and what we’ll achieve in the future. We also share a responsibility to support Muskegon Community College’s mission and reputation by holding ourselves and other community members to the highest standards of ethical and lawful conduct in all our academic and business activities.
We all must be aware of and follow the policies, standards, laws and regulations that apply to our activities, report concerns, and work together to resolve them. We are responsible for our actions and accountable to further the College mission.
Reporting Suspected Noncompliance
Muskegon Community College encourages reporting suspected noncompliance. Procedures have been established for making reports that include a confidential and anonymous 24-hour toll-free hotline, in which reports can be made by calling 1-231-777-0690 or by filing a report online at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact the MCC Compliance Office or your supervisor.
Do you have a difficult decision to make?
Everyday members of Muskegon Community College face difficult decisions. When taking action, or observing someone else’s actions, consider the following…
MCC offers multiple options to raise a concern or ask for help. A few options are to contact your supervisor or other management, Director of Compliance, Human Resources, or the Compliance Hotline (anonymously if desired).
Compliance Program Overview
Who is responsible for ensuring compliance at MCC? The role of the Compliance Program is to:
- Coordinate the College compliance and ethics activities, including chairing the Compliance Steering Committee
- Assess the adequacy of compliance activities, evaluate overall program effectiveness and recommend and implement modifications to the program as necessary
- Administer a Compliance Helpline and oversee and coordinate investigations of potential misconduct
- Provide compliance advisory services to faculty and staff
- Assist in the development of compliance and ethics related policies or practices
- Assist in the development and delivery of compliance and ethics related training
- Evaluate emerging compliance trends in higher education and government and implement best practices
- Report results of compliance and ethics program activities to senior management.
- Anonymous Tip Line
- A Resource Handbook for Campus Sexual Assault Survivors, Friends and Family
- Directory of MCC resources for students or employees who are survivors of sexual assault or sexual abuse
- MCC Campus Security Policies and Crime Statistics
- Minors on MCC Campus Policy
- Freedom of Expression
- Student Code of Conduct
Director of Compliance and Title IX Coordinator
Contact: (231) 777-0690
Fax: (231) 777-0475