- Hometown: Nunica, MI
- Professional Experience: Math Instructor, Muskegon Community College (2008 – present) High School Math Teacher, Bloomingdale High School (2005 – 2008) Business Owner/Partner, Fence Installers, (2002 – present) Branch Management Trainee, National City Bank, (2001 – 2002)
- Academic Degrees: A.S., Muskegon Community College, 1997, B.S., Grand Valley State University, 2000, M. Ed., Grand Valley State University, 2008
- Classes Taught: MTH 035, Basic Math modules MTH 036a, Basic Math MTH 038, Pre-Algebra MTH 040, Beginning Algebra BUS 126, Business Math CSS 100a, College Success Seminar
More About Me
- I was awarded the rank of Eagle Scout in 1995.
- I met my wife in college when I tackled her in a snowball fight and shattered her femur.
- I was the drum major of the Grand Valley State University Marching Band in 1999.
- My first job after graduating college with a major in Economics was as a branch management trainee for National City Bank. During my first six months of employment my manager was fired for embezzlement, the assistant manager died, and I was robbed. I quickly realized that the banking industry was not where I wanted to spend my career. After careful reflection of my skills and interests, I decided to return to school to become a math teacher.
- From 1996 – 2004, I assisted on eight domestic and international youth group mission trips.
- “Success consists of moving from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” -Winston Churchill