- Hometown: Grand Haven, MI
- High School: Grand Haven High School
- Professional Experience: I have been a nurse in the community since 1997, working as a registered nurse in Muskegon since 1998. I hired at Hackley Hospital and later transferred to the Mercy Campus in 2009. I worked several years in critical care before becoming the educator for the critical care and emergency departments. In 2011, I became a clinical nurse specialist for the cardiothoracic surgery team and continue to work per diem in this role. I am a licensed advanced practice registered nurse (APRN), a board certified clinical nurse specialist in adult-gerontology (ACCNS-AG). I hold specialty certifications in critical care and cardiac surgery nursing (CCRN-CSC).
- Academic Degrees: Associate in Arts, 1995 Muskegon Community College, Bachelor of Science in Nursing, 2007 University of Phoenix, Master of Science in Nursing, 2016 Michigan State University
- Classes Taught: NUR212: Care of the Family in Physiological Crisis.
More About Me
- As an MCC alumni, I am excited to be back at MCC teaching nursing. This nursing program provided an excellent foundation for my nursing career.
- I have a very large blended family with 6 kids and 12 grandkids that keep me very busy when I am not working.
- I’m kind of a coffee addict.
- I’m a admittedly a nurse geek who gets very excited about research and evidence-based practice.
- I love to spend time in the U.P. and love Lake Superior.