- Hometown: Saginaw, MI
- High School: Heritage High School
- Professional Experience: I began my work as a counselor at MCC back in 2006 when I was finishing my Master of Arts degree at Western Michigan University. Fortunately, the Counseling and Advising Center was in need of an adjunct counselor when I completed my field practicum and I was able to begin my journey as a professional counselor right here at MCC! In 2011, an opportunity at GRCC presented itself to me which allowed me to expand my counseling vocabulary by working with a wonderfully diverse caseload of students who had a wide spectrum of disabilities. Working in Disability Support opened my eyes to a world in which students overcame barriers, often which seemed insurmountable, while pursuing and achieving their educational goals. In fall 2014, with great excitement, I accepted a position as a full-time counselor here at MCC. I’m proud to say that the knowledge I gained while working at MCC assisted me in building a solid foundation for my counseling career. I consider myself fortunate to have been presented with all of the opportunities, in life and counseling that I have been presented with. As for the future, I am dedicated to attaining new knowledge, assisting others in the acquisition of new knowledge and encouraging self-reflection that may assist others in becoming the best versions of themselves that they can imagine.
- Academic Degrees: BA Aquinas College, Master of Arts- Counseling in Higher Education, Western Michigan University
More About Me
- Lived on an island off the coast of Belize for a year
- Hiked a portion of the Appalachian Trail
- Passionate about music and other forms of artistic expression