- Hometown: Muskegon, MI
- High School: Muskegon High School
- Professional Experience: I served nearly 20 years in the field as a welder working at various companies gaining as much experience as possible. My former MCC welding instructor helped me decide what I wanted to do with my career in welding by suggesting teaching the trade. I began my teaching career in Wisconsin at Fox Valley Technical College, then moved on to teach at Hobart Institute of Welding Technology. Furthering my experience in education, I was approached to head up the welding program at Cincinnati State Technical and Community College. Being from Muskegon and an alumni of this welding program, I thought it would be an honor to teach in the footsteps of my instructors before me. I really enjoy teaching others the skilled trade of welding. I found my calling in education and I am here to help others find theirs now.
- Academic Degrees: A.A.S. Welding Technology/ Muskegon Community College, B.S. Career and Technical Education/ Western Michigan University, M.Ed Curriculum and Instruction/ Concordia University (Portland)
- Classes Taught: All Welding Technology courses.
More About Me
- AWS Certified Welding Inspector, AWS Certified Welding Educator, AWS Certified Welding Supervisor
- Welding started for me at the Muskegon Vocational Center in 9th Grade.
- Wife Beth, 3 Children, Aden, Arianna and Ella
- I have lived in 3 states.
- Avid Outdoorsman- Hunting, Fishing, Camping
- “Those that know, do. Those that understand, teach.” Aristotle