Beta Xi Xi is MCC’s chapter of Phi Theta Kappa (PTK). In 1929, PTK was recognized as the official honor society for two-year colleges by the American Association of Community Colleges. Today, it is the largest honor society in American higher education, with more than 1.3 million members and 1,200 chapters located in 50 United States, U.S. territories, and other countries.
PTK offers students opportunities to enhance their education, career and college path, networks, and life during and post-college through the four Hallmarks: Scholarship, Leadership, Service, and Fellowship. There are opportunities for scholarships, career networking, etc. for PTK alumni as well.
Beta Xi Xi welcomes new members. To learn more about Phi Theta Kappa and its networking and scholarship opportunities, visit www.ptk.org, or visit Michigan’s regional chapter page. To connect with past and present Beta Xi Xi members, find us on Facebook.
Membership Eligibility Requirements
- Currently enrolled student
- Minimum of 12 completed credits at the college level, OR if enrolled in a certificate program having completed six credit hours of 100-level or higher MCC credits
- 3.25 GPA or higher to join, and maintain a 3.25 GPA while at MCC
- A one-time fee to join. If you are eligible to be a member but the fee is a hindrance, please contact one of the chapter advisors. Do not let the fee stop you from advancing your college and career goals.
PTK serves to recognize and encourage the academic achievement of two-year college students and provide opportunities for growth and development through honors, leadership, and service programming. MCC chartered the Beta Xi Xi Chapter of Phi Theta Kappa in November 2005. For more information, please contact one of our Phi Theta Kappa advisors:
- Heidi Romero at firstname.lastname@example.org or (231) 777-0365
- Kaylee Wolff at email@example.com or (231) 777-0589