The Student Success Department enhances student success by supporting students in making a successful transition to college, achieving good academic standing, and reaching their educational goals. The department accomplishes through an intentionally designed, comprehensive array of programs, services, and resources.
Here are the programs and services we provide:
- Care Report – The Care Report is a support system designed to ensure student success at MCC. The purpose of this system is to get a student help, when they need it. Your instructor may submit a Care Report, and you will then be contacted by a member of the Care Team or the Tutoring Center via email. Please pay attention to these emails and consider taking the actions they recommend – they are intended to help you succeed! Care Team staff members are available via email and phone for all students at MCCCareTeam@muskegoncc.edu or 777-0216.
- Jayhawk Food Pantry
- Career Services – The Career Services Office is here to help with your employment needs while you are enrolled and after you graduate. We have resources available to help your with your immediate job search needs, as well as, future possibilities.
- Counseling and Advising Center
- Disability Support Services – Our goal is to provide effective services, materials, and resources which enable students who are members of Special Populations to be successful.
- Hendrik Meijer Library and Information Technology Center – We offer many services to MCC students, faculty and staff, as well as to community visitors. Reference librarians are available whenever the facility is open to assist with finding information, conducting research, and accessing electronic resources. The Library offers quiet reading areas, group study rooms, information literacy assistance, wireless Internet access and computers with high speed access to our databases.
- International Office – Welcome to the International Student Enrollment Office at MCC. The office serves all incoming and currently enrolled international students at the college. The office assists students in enrollment requirements and maintaining their student visa status in the United States and transferring procedures.
- Student Life – MCC is a dynamic campus with lots to do! Student Life programs develop leadership skills, values, friendships and create the opportunity to make a difference. Join a student organization, attend a special event, and find general community resources here!
- Transfer Services – We can help with everything! The transfer process can be complex with information coming from all directions: admissions applications, college visits, official transcripts, credit evaluation, essays, references, academic requirements, financial aid, housing arrangements, major choice, etc.
- Tutoring Center – Individual, group tutoring, supplemental Instruction The MCC Tutoring Center is available to help with Peer Tutoring, Walk-In Tutoring, Tutor-Led Small Groups, Online Tutoring, General Tutoring, and extra help as requested.
- Veterans Office – We serve all veterans, veteran dependents/survivors, active duty and Reserve/National Guard personnel. An accredited two-year college, MCC strives to make our veterans’ transition to college as smooth as possible and to equip them with the knowledge and skills to attain their educational and career goals. As a proud member of the Service Members Opportunity Colleges, MCC agrees to a reasonable transfer of your military training as credited experience toward your degree.
Meet the Student Success Team:
Dean of Student Success
Director of Student Success
|Heidi Holmes Romero
Career Services and Transfer Coordinator
Student Success Support