We are pleased to announce our new and improved online scholarship process! Students can now access scholarship information and apply 24/7.
Current students are now able to:
- Complete scholarship applications online on any device;
- Easily search scholarships by category or keywords;
- Automatically see all scholarships for which they are candidates; and
- Manage letters of recommendations, such as high school counselors, music directors, theater director, coaches and MCC faculty.
MCC offers a variety of scholarship opportunities for recent high school graduates, new students, current students, returning students and adults.
In order to apply for scholarships at Muskegon Community College, you must be currently enrolled as a degree/certificate-seeking student or have been admitted in a degree/certificate-seeking program within the past three years.
Future students (Class of 2023) will be able to:
Earn the Michigan Achievement Scholarship. This is a new scholarship from the State of Michigan for those students who graduate from a Michigan high school with a diploma or certificate of completion (or high school equivalency) in 2023 or after. Students must file a FAFSA for the 2023-2024 school year as well as future academic years and must have an EFC (Estimated Family Contribution) of $25,000 or below to qualify. Students can receive up to $2,750 per year at Muskegon Community College for up to 3 years!
Applying for Scholarships Checklist:
- Apply to MCC or reapply if you have not been a student within three years.
- Complete the FAFSA, your free application for Federal Student Aid for the current academic year.
- Meet each scholarship requirements.
- Central Michigan University
- Eastern Michigan University
- Ferris State University
- Grand Valley State University
- Michigan State University
- Michigan Technological University
- Northern Michigan University
- Oakland University
- University of Michigan
- Wayne State University
- Western Michigan University
Thank You Letter
Click here to to access information for writing a thank you letter to your scholarship donors.