Financial Aid Office – Room 114
Regular Semester Hours:
Monday – Tuesday: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Wednesday – Friday: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Summer Hours (May 28 – July 27):
Monday – Thursday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. to 12 noon.
Tel. (231) 777-0228
Fax (231) 777-0475
MCC College Code #002297
Muskegon Community College, through its financial aid programs, works with students to provide them with the financial resources necessary to attend college. Numerous federal and state programs, as well as college-sponsored and privately funded programs, are available to assist qualified students.
The financial aid process begins with submitting the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online starting October 1 of the prior year you plan to enroll. The FAFSA evaluates eligibility for need-based aid, including federal loans, and gives students access to need-based grants, scholarships, loans, and work-study.
Information on most aid programs available to MCC students can be found in the above links. Students must meet certain criteria for particular programs, be in good academic standing, and make normal progress toward a degree in order for funds to be awarded or renewed.
Financial Aid walk-in services are available at the Student Welcome Center. Here you can receive help with:
- FAFSA application and questions
- Watch this informative tutorial regarding completing the FAFSA
- Watch this video for the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) process! We recommend you use the IRS DRT when you complete your FAFSA.
- ALERT! The Department of Education and the IRS announced in a joint statement that the DRT is currently suspended for the next several weeks. What does this means for you? If you have not completed your FAFSA, don’t wait for the DRT to be restored. You can manually enter your 2015 tax information from your tax returns. Failing to complete your FAFSA may mean losing access to federal, state and institutional financial aid and missing deadlines.
- General financial aid questions
- Submitting missing documents
- Loan applications
The Financial Aid Office uses the MCC email system and MCC’s Web Advisor to communicate important, time sensitive information to you. It is important that you read and clear your email account frequently.
Financial Aid Office Staff