Muskegon Community College’s “College Bootcamp” seminar is a FREE 6-week program designed to assist adult students beginning or returning to college after a long period of time away from a classroom.
Adults of all ages—20s, 30s, 40s, 50s, 60s and beyond—are going back to school to get ahead in today’s competitive job market and build upon their educational foundation. And, you’re thinking it might be time to do the same.
But taking the big step of continuing your education after you have been in the workforce a while is a very personal decision, often filled with serious questions and concern.
You may be wondering:
· Will I be successful?
· Can I afford it?
· How do I get started?
· How will it pay off in the end?
· How will I be able to balance my family, friends, work and school?
MCC’s College Bootcamp – A Foundation for Adult Students is a FREE six-week seminar designed to answer these quetions and more for adults like you who are considering returning to college, or beginning their college education for the first time! View our >College Bootcamp Brochure (PDF).
How College Bootcamp Works:
College Bootcamp provides a comfortable learning environment for non-traditional students. The instructor-led sessions allow you to:
· Receive a personalized career assessment
· Learn how to brush the rust off your study skills
· See how college works—from an adult’s perspective
· Gain the confidence to become a college student
Weekly Topics include:
· MCC orientation with campus tours
· Preparing for the MCC COMPASS Placement Test and basic computer skills
· Personalized career assessments
· Assistance with the financial aid and scholarship process
· Time management and study skills, learning what MCC college instructors expect
· Registering for classes
Getting Started and Registration:
College Bootcamp is offered at Muskegon Community College at various times throughout the year. Pre-registration is required and space is limited in each session. You must register to attend.
To reserve your space by email, please >click here. Or, you may call (231) 777-0216 today and start on your path to success!