Updated: Friday, May 29, at 2:00 p.m.
- The Summer Semester began May 18 with all online or hybrid classes, with face-to-face classes tentatively phasing in beginning June 15, 2020. This is subject to change if the Governor’s Orders extend past that date or we feel we cannot safely provide face-to-face instruction. See Student FAQs, Employee FAQs, and Keep Teaching buttons below for more information.
- CARES Act and Emergency Grants – Muskegon Community College received $1.12 million from the federal government through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund. This funding provides emergency grants to students whose lives have been disrupted by COVID-19. To find out more, click here.
- Fall 2020 Registration – Register online now for Fall 2020 classes. See information below.
- Contact Information If you are unsure who to contact, or for any questions about MCC operations while on-site operations are suspended, call (231) 773-9131or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In response to Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s Executive Orders, MCC has extended the suspension of its on-campus operations until further notice. Faculty and staff members will continue to work remotely. Only essential personnel are allowed on campus, but staff will continue to work remotely responding online to inquiries regarding student service. The MCC Emergency Response and Planning Team is monitoring the situation daily.
- University Park Golf Course is open but with several restrictions in place, Read more.
- MCC Permanently Closed Lakeshore Fitness Center – Read more
- Muskegon Community College has partnered with the State of Michigan anMercy Health to use the college’s Health and Wellness Center as a site for hospital beds for overflow patients to free up space in area hospitals for the possible influx of critical COVID-19 cases. Read more here.
Commencement Goes Virtual on June 22-26
Muskegon Community College will hold a weeklong virtual Commencement on June 22-26 to honor its Class of 2020 graduates. The daily video tributes will feature popular elements of the traditional MCC Commencement ceremony, which was scheduled this year for May 6 before being postponed by the statewide ‘stay at home’ orders. Read more about Commencement
What is closed?
- MCC Main Campus
- MCC Ottawa Center
- Sturrus Technology Center
- Lakeshore Fab Lab
What has been cancelled?
- All campus events during this period
- MCC Community Family Fest – originally scheduled for June 6
REGISTER ONLINE NOW FOR FALL CLASSES!
Fall 2020 registration remains open online through Student Planning in MyMCC. Online registration instructions, including a video tutorial, are available online at www.muskegoncc.edu/registration. Assistance with registration is available through email at email@example.com.
Student Services Offices are available online to help you
You can contact them via email (see below).
- Registration/Records/Registrar – Registration@muskegoncc.edu
- Counseling and Advising – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Financial Aid – FA@muskegoncc.edu
- Library – Library@muskegoncc.edu
- Financial Services/Billing – email@example.com
- Testing Center – Testingcenter@muskegoncc.edu
- Admissions – Admissions@muskegoncc.edu
- MCC Care Team – MCCCareTeam@muskegoncc.edu
- Tutoring Center – firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Care Report
MCC students can complete a Student Care Report to let us know about questions or challenges you have. A Care Team member will respond within 24 hours to your report via email (weekdays). Please be sure to continue to check your MCC email, as this is how we will respond.
- On MyMCC, click on the CARE REPORT button.
- Then choose, Academic Care.
- You may be asked to login – use your MCC username and password.
- Fill in all of the questions (there are only 5).
- Click Submit.
Tutoring appointments can be made through Tutortrac (our online scheduling) from the Tutoring Center MyMCC page, but access will be through the Online Tutoring link within the course in BlackBoard. You can also access walk-in tutoring through the same Online Tutoring link in your course in BlackBoard. Check out this directional video for accessing Online Tutoring or follow the steps below.
- Log into Blackboard
- Click on “Tools”
- Click on “NetTutor Online Tutoring”
- Then click on the course in which you need a tutor and follow the prompts
Need a resume or looking for a job?
Whether you are looking for a new job or preparing for the future, you are going to need a resume. Schedule a time to talk with Heidi Romero, our Career and Transfer Coordinator – you can meet with her over the phone or zoom! https://mcc-counseling-advising.appointlet.com.
Planning to Transfer?
Heidi is here to help! She can still access everything needed to help you get to that next step. Schedule a time to talk with Heidi Romero, our Career and Transfer Coordinator – you can meet with her over the phone or zoom! https://mcc-counseling-advising.appointlet.com.
Prospective Student Contact Information
- Apply online at https://www.muskegoncc.edu/enrollment-services/apply-to-mcc/
- New Student Orientation https://www.muskegoncc.edu/enrollment-services/new-student-orientation/
- FAFSA-Completing the FAFSA.
- Financial Status – Reviewing current financial aid status and current account balance due via MyMCC Self-Serve.
- Verification Documents – Complete online verification documents in Dynamic Forms MyMCC Self-Service
- Applying for student loans – loan request form, entrance counseling and the Master Promissory Note.
- Completing exit loan counseling at https://www.muskegoncc.edu/financial-aid/apply-for-loans/exit-loan-counseling/
- Reviewing their Award Letter- in MyMCC
- Sending email questions and documents to email@example.com.
- Applying for scholarships at https://www.muskegoncc.edu/scholarships/
Although the Testing Center will be closed, you can still schedule a placement test by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: your full name; your date of birth; your MCC number (if you know it); your phone number; and what date and time, from the following options below, that you want to come to test: Tuesday/Wednesday/Friday at 10am and Monday/Thursday at 10am, 1pm or 4pm. The Testing Center will then make you an appointment and send you a confirmation email with links to helpful test prep materials.
Related COVID-19 Information