Updated: Wednesday, August 5, at 4:30 p.m.
- Fall Semester at MCC Begins on Aug. 24 – As we prepare to begin the Fall 2020 Semester, our foremost goal is to keep our students, faculty, staff, and college community safe while continuing to provide the high-quality education that has been a Muskegon Community College hallmark for nearly 100 years. To view what we are doing to ensure your safety, including the way we will be offering classes, click here.
- Summer Semester began with all online or hybrid classes. Some face-to-face classes started June 15. This is subject to change if the Governor’s Orders extend past that date or we feel we cannot safely provide face-to-face instruction. See Student FAQs, Employee FAQs, and Keep Teaching buttons below for more information.
- Supporting Our Students – Since the outset of the COVID-19 pandemic, MCC has quickly acted to assist our current and incoming students with regard to their health and safety concerns, their sudden transition to remote learning, their apprehensions about being able to begin and/or continue their MCC education, and their ability to earn their degrees and certificates on time. Read more
- CARES Act and Emergency Grants – Muskegon Community College received $1.12 million from the federal government through the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund. This funding provides emergency grants to students whose lives have been disrupted by COVID-19. To find out more, click here.
- Contact Information If you are unsure who to contact, or for any questions about MCC operations while on-site operations are suspended, call (231) 773-9131.
Online Student Town Hall on Aug. 17
MCC is hosting a Student Town Hall meeting beginning at noon on Monday, August 17, in an open discussion format on Zoom and Facebook Live. We invite all MCC students and prospective students to join in this meeting to learn more about the updates and changes for the Fall 2020 semester, as well as to ask any questions directly to MCC staff and faculty. To access the Student Town Hall Meeting, click the Zoom link below or tune in on Facebook Live. https://zoom.us/j/92228696169
MCC Board of Trustees to Hold Monthly Meeting Online on August 19
The Muskegon Community College Board of Trustees will hold its regularly scheduled monthly meeting online at 12:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 19.
Individuals wishing to contact members of the Board of Trustees to provide input or ask questions on any business that will come before the Board at the meeting, should email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 18. To request time to speak during public comments, please email email@example.com no later than 24 hours before the meeting.
To join the Zoom meeting, please use the following link: https://ellucian.zoom.us/j/97661105357?pwd=OHVtejYvOHRsOCtORTN6NS9tQXQ0Zz09 Meeting ID: 976 6110 5357 Password: 985330. The host will connect you when the meeting begins. To connect to audio by phone, dial toll-free (855) 880 1246 or (877) 853 5257. Accessibility features may be explored at: https://www.zoom.us/accessibility
The Board is conducting its August meeting online in accordance with Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s executive orders to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 and protect the public health by social distancing and limiting in-person contact at public gatherings.
What is open at MCC with limitations?
- MCC Main Campus and Sturrus Technology Center – In response to Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s executive orders, MCC has limited its on-campus operations to essential personnel only and to those faculty teaching and students enrolled in select health and technology courses permitted by the Governor for in-person instruction.
- Lakeshore Fab Lab – curbside service only on Monday-Thursday, noon to 6 p.m. www.lakeshorefablab.com or call 231-777-0212
- University Park Golf Course
What is closed?
- MCC Ottawa Center
- MCC Permanently Closed Lakeshore Fitness Center Read More
REGISTER ONLINE NOW FOR FALL CLASSES!
Fall 2020 registration remains open online through Student Planning in MyMCC. Online registration instructions, including a video tutorial, are available online at www.muskegoncc.edu/registration. Assistance with registration is available through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Services Offices are available online to help you
You can contact them via email (see below).
- Registration/Records/Registrar – Registration@muskegoncc.edu
- Counseling and Advising – email@example.com
- Financial Aid – FA@muskegoncc.edu
- Library – Library@muskegoncc.edu
- Financial Services/Billing – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Testing Center – Testingcenter@muskegoncc.edu
- Admissions – Admissions@muskegoncc.edu
- MCC Care Team – MCCCareTeam@muskegoncc.edu
- Tutoring Center – email@example.com
Student Care Report
MCC students can complete a Student Care Report to let us know about questions or challenges you have. A Care Team member will respond within 24 hours to your report via email (weekdays). Please be sure to continue to check your MCC email, as this is how we will respond.
- On MyMCC, click on the CARE REPORT button.
- Then choose, Academic Care.
- You may be asked to login – use your MCC username and password.
- Fill in all of the questions (there are only 5).
- Click Submit.
Tutoring appointments can be made through Tutortrac (our online scheduling) from the Tutoring Center MyMCC page, but access will be through the Online Tutoring link within the course in BlackBoard. You can also access walk-in tutoring through the same Online Tutoring link in your course in BlackBoard. Check out this directional video for accessing Online Tutoring or follow the steps below.
- Log into Blackboard
- Click on “Tools”
- Click on “NetTutor Online Tutoring”
- Then click on the course in which you need a tutor and follow the prompts
Need a resume or looking for a job?
Whether you are looking for a new job or preparing for the future, you are going to need a resume. Schedule a time to talk with Heidi Romero, our Career and Transfer Coordinator – you can meet with her over the phone or zoom!
Planning to Transfer?
Heidi is here to help! She can still access everything needed to help you get to that next step. Schedule a time to talk with Heidi Romero, our Career and Transfer Coordinator – you can meet with her over the phone or zoom! https://mcc-counseling-advising.appointlet.com.
Prospective Student Contact Information
- Apply online at https://www.muskegoncc.edu/enrollment-services/apply-to-mcc/
- New Student Orientation https://www.muskegoncc.edu/enrollment-services/new-student-orientation/
- FAFSA-Completing the FAFSA.
- Financial Status – Reviewing current financial aid status and current account balance due via MyMCC Self-Serve.
- Verification Documents – Complete online verification documents in Dynamic Forms MyMCC Self-Service
- Applying for student loans – loan request form, entrance counseling and the Master Promissory Note.
- Completing exit loan counseling at https://www.muskegoncc.edu/financial-aid/apply-for-loans/exit-loan-counseling/
- Reviewing their Award Letter- in MyMCC
- Sending email questions and documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applying for scholarships at https://www.muskegoncc.edu/scholarships/
Although the Testing Center will be closed, you can still schedule a placement test by emailing email@example.com with the following information: your full name; your date of birth; your MCC number (if you know it); your phone number; and what date and time, from the following options below, that you want to come to test: Tuesday/Wednesday/Friday at 10am and Monday/Thursday at 10am, 1pm or 4pm. The Testing Center will then make you an appointment and send you a confirmation email with links to helpful test prep materials.