Adult Students

Retrain for a new career in as little as 4-9 months or earn academic credits that will easily transfer to four-year institutions.

Why MCC?

  • Choose from several areas of study to prepare you for a new or better career
  • You’re busy! Options of when and where to attend is important
  • Affordable tuition and convenient payment plans
    • Senior Citizen Tuition Waiver
      • Students must be legal residents of Muskegon County, 60 years or older as of the first day of the semester and must present a birth certificate or driver’s license to the Welcome Center for verification.
      • Senior Citizens may enroll as regular or auditing students in courses, on a space-available basis, without payment of tuition. However, students will be responsible for cost of supplies, course fees, registration fee, technology fee, and infrastructure fee.
      • Senior Citizen applicants must meet all College admission requirements.
      • Senior Citizen Tuition Waiver does not cover secondary admit programs: Medical Assistant, Nursing and Respiratory Therapy Programs.
      • Senior Citizens must meet all prerequisite requirements, which may include placement testing.
      • Senior Citizen Tuition Waiver does not apply toward continuing education courses, customized business training or other seminars that may be offered by the College.
      • Senior adults must meet the College degree requirements if degree seeking and are recommended to attend New Student Orientation.
      • The Senior Citizen Tuition Waiver will be applied after all gift aid and employer sponsorships (Last dollar).
  • Credit for your experience
    • Transfer Credits
    • College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
    • Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES)
    • Military Experience
    • Life Experiential Learning (LEAP)
    • Proficiency Examination
  • Reverse Transfer
  • Employer/Agency Sponsors
  • Apprenticeships
  • Internships

Let’s Get Started

If you attended Muskegon Community College in the past, but it has been more than three years since your last class, you will need to apply for readmission.

  • Submit a final high school, GED, and/or college  transcript to MCC

MCC can only accept official transcripts, which can be sent to us through the online Docufide or Parchment systems, or mailed directly from your high school.

Please send official high school/GED transcripts to:

Enrollment Services
Muskegon Community College
221 S. Quarterline Rd. Room 1043
Muskegon, MI 49442

Please send official college transcripts to:

Transfer Evaluation
Muskegon Community College
221 S Quarterline Rd. Room 1048H
Muskegon, MI 49442

Apply for financial aid by submitting a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Worksheets to assist you are available at the Student Welcome Center.  Priority consideration is given to students who fill out the FAFSA by March 1 of each year.  The FAFSA should be filled out each academic year that you plan to attend classes.  Financial Aid for Summer classes requires a special request form be filled out which is available in the Financial Aid Office.

Call Testing Services at (231)777-0394 to schedule a time. Placement assessments are in Reading, Writing, and Math. You may be exempt from portions of the placement test if you meet one of the following:

Reading 19+ 25+ 1 or 2
Writing 19+ 26+ 1 or 2
Math 19+ 26+ 1 or 2

PLEASE NOTE: All placement scores have a three-year limit

Transfer Students: 15 or more college credits (100 level or higher) with a minimum 2.0 GPA will waive some placement testing, please see a counselor.

College Guest Students need to fill out the Michigan Uniform Guest Application and have their home college Registrar sign the form to waive placement test scores.  The form should be turned in to the Enrollment Services office at MCC.

Official ACT/SAT/MME scores or college transcripts must be on file to waive placement testing.

Prospective Nursing Students cannot use MME scores or college credits to waive the reading test

Orientation for new students is mandatory for any new students seeking credentials (certificate or degree) to MCC, transfer students with less than 12 earned credits, or new dual enrolled/early college students.

MCC counselors specialize in specific areas of study to better help students determine which classes are necessary for the degree or program they are pursuing. Make an appointment with an academic counselor in Room 101, or call (231) 777-0362.

Log in to MyMCC using your new username and password. If you need help registering for classes, the staff at the Student Welcome Center will assist you.

Muskegon Community College has partnered with the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) to offer electronic transcripts through an online ordering system. NOTE: There is a $5 fee per transcript recipient via major credit card or debit card.

Learn More