Welcome to Muskegon Community College!
The College has suspended all on-campus activities but we are still here to help you virtually and over the phone. Faculty and Staff are working remotely to ensure that students’ needs are being met. Please contact Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MCC is a two-year comprehensive college that offers certificates and associate degree programs. We currently have over 80 different certificate and degree programs from which to choose. MCC is an excellent place to start your educational path. For further information please see MCC’s course catalog.
With our small class sizes and highly credentialed instructors, we will help you begin a successful college experience. One of the biggest benefits of attending a community college is the cost savings. The average student can save up to $18,000 by attending community college for the first two years. That is precisely why it makes sense to start at a community college.
Here are six easy steps to help you become an MCC student:
Step 1: Fill out the online application
Step 2: Fill out financial aid forms at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Step 3: Take the placement test or send us a copy of your ACT/SAT scores. Currently Waived*
*Unless you are going into Nursing, Respiratory Therapy, or Medical Assisting
Step 4: Attend a mandatory New Student Orientation.
Step 5: Make a counseling appointment
Step 6: Register and pay for classes (watch for payment deadlines) and/or set up a payment plan to secure your classes.
Need help with your application, scheduling your orientation or other admissions questions? Book an appointment with one of our admissions team members now!
- New to MyMCC? Forgot your password to MyMCC? Go to Log-In Help to set up your account today!
- Request to Change Your Start Date: If you applied for the wrong semester, you can request to have it be changed by completing our Start Date Change Form. This will NOT change your program (see the section below), but just your start date.
- Change Your Program of Study: Muskegon Community College is a great place to explore different fields to find the perfect match for your skills, interests, and goals. Many college students change their major at least once before graduation. If you’ve decided you want to change your program, it’s no problem, although you should meet with a counselor in the Counseling and Advising Center to make sure you’re taking the courses you need to reach your new goals. If you have questions, contact the Counseling and Advising Center at 231-777-0362.
How to Become a Jayhawk digital series
- Part 1: Becoming a Student
- Part 2: Financial Aid, Veteran Affairs, Sponsorships and Apprenticeships, and Payment Plans https://www.facebook.com/muskegoncc/videos/331307221196752/
- Part 3: Counseling, Registration & Bookstore https://www.facebook.com/muskegoncc/videos/292237118804545/
- Part 4: Resources
- Part 1: Becoming a Student
2021 Remote Office Hours
Monday and Tuesday: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday and Thursday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
We will be closed on the following dates:
- Memorial Day May 31, 2021
- Independence Day July 4, 2021
For further information please visit MCC’s Academic Year Calendars
Dean of Student Services
Director of Admissions
Manager of Admissions Partnerships
Orientation & Admissions Specialist