Welcome to Muskegon Community College!
The College has suspended all on campus activities but we are still here to help you virtually and over the phone. Faculty and Staff are working remotely to ensure that students’ needs are being met. Please contact Admissions at email@example.com for assistance.
MCC is a two-year comprehensive college that offers certificates and associate degree programs. We currently have over 80 different certificate and degree programs from which to choose. MCC is an excellent place to start your educational path. For further information please see MCC’s course catalog.
With our small class sizes and highly credentialed instructors, we will help you begin a successful college experience. One of the biggest benefits of attending a community college is the cost savings. The average student can save up to $18,000 by attending community college the first two years. That is precisely why it makes sense to start at a community college.
We would like to welcome you to come in for a tour and speak with our friendly Admissions Representatives to learn how we can help you plan for your future. For campus maps and directions please visit MCC’s Campus Map and Directions page.
Here are six easy steps to help you become an MCC student:
Step 1: Fill out the online application and complete Title IX Mandatory Training – Sexual Assault Prevention for Community Colleges.
Step 2: Fill out financial aid forms at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Step 3: Take the placement test or send us a copy of your ACT/SAT scores.
Step 4: Attend mandatory New Student Orientation.
Step 5: Make a counseling appointment
Step 6: Register and pay for classes (watch for payment deadlines) and/or set up a payment plan to secure your classes.
Need help with your application, scheduling your orientation or other admissions questions? Book an appointment with one of our admissions team members now!
- New to MyMCC? Forgot your password to MyMCC? Go to Log-In Help to set up your account today!
- Request to Change Your Start Date: If you applied for the wrong semester, you can request to have it be changed by completing our Start Date Change Form. This will NOT change your program (see above section), but just your start date.
- Change Your Program of Study: Muskegon Community College is a great place to explore different fields to find the perfect match for your skills, interests and goals. Many college students change their major at least once before graduation. If you’ve decided you want to change your program, it’s no problem, although you should meet with a counselor in the Counseling and Advising Center to make sure you’re taking the courses you need to reach your new goals. To make the change official, complete and submit the Program Change Form. If you receive this error message when you attempt to register for classes:
– Registration not allowed in UG courses without an academic program –
You will need to complete and submit the Program Change Form. This means you have a program listed which is no longer offered at the college or you have never had a valid academic program entered for you. If you have questions, contact the Counseling and Advising Center at 231-777-0362.
- How to Become a Jayhawk digital series
- Part 1: Becoming a Student
- Part 2: Financial Aid, Veteran Affairs, Sponsorships and Apprenticeships, and Payment Plans https://www.facebook.com/muskegoncc/videos/331307221196752/
- Part 3: Counseling, Registration & Bookstore https://www.facebook.com/muskegoncc/videos/292237118804545/
- Part 4: Resources
- Part 1: Becoming a Student
2020 Remote Office Hours
Monday and Tuesday: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday and Thursday: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
We will be closed the following dates:
- Thanksgiving Break November 25 – 29, 2020
For further information please visit MCC’s Academic Year Calendars
Dean of Student Services
Director of Admissions
Orientation & Admissions Specialist