Location: Room 2046
The Jayhawk Hub is a one-stop center helping students who are getting back on their feet through an MCC education. It equips students to overcome basic needs challenges such as food insecurity, housing instability, transportation emergencies, and chronic stressors due to poverty and life challenges.
Monday – Thursday: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Friday – 8:00am – 12:00pm
In the Hub you will find:
- The Jayhawk Hub Pantry. FREE to all students!
- Transportation Resources – MATS bus passes or emergency gas cards
- Hub Professionals
- Jayhawk Hub Manager – Emily Merten
- Disability Support Services Office
- Student Success Coach – Alexis Springer
- MDHHS Specialist to assist with acquiring benefits including Medicaid, child care assistance, SNAP food assistance, and more. MDHHS Specialist is available by appointment on Thursday 12:30pm- 3:30pm.
- Al Anon (support group for those with family or friends struggling with alcoholism or addiction) meetings are every Monday 12:00pm – 1:00pm.
- Muskegon Rescue Mission – provides gift certificates for students to their thrift stores for FREE clothing certificates.
The Jayhawk Hub Manager is available to meet with students and help find solutions to their challenges. These challenges may include transportation emergencies and issues, risk of homelessness/housing crisis and concerns, lack of medical or dental care, and more.
- New Mental Health Hotline – Call 988
- All MCC counselors are Licensed Professional Counselors (LPC) or Limited Licensed Professional Counselors (LLPC).
- The MCC Counseling and Advising Center holistically supports MCC students’ mental wellness through short term personal counseling & mental health education. Schedule an appointment by calling (231) 777-0362
- Healthwest – https://healthwest.net/services/
Alcohol/Addiction or Substance Use Disorder
- Al Anon meets Monday’s in the Hub from 12-1pm
- Families Against Narcotics https://www.familiesagainstnarcotics.org/
- Healthwest (free Narcan vending machine in Muskegon and SUD resources and programs) https://healthwest.net/services/
Immediate Shelter/Domestic Violence
- Muskegon Rescue Mission https://muskegonmission.org/what-we-do/community-resources/
- Every Woman’s Place https://everywomansplace.org/
- Jayhawk Pantry (Main campus, Room 2046)
- Call 211 : Call 2-1-1 to get connected with services for food, housing, clothing, utility assistance, support groups, healthcare services, teen pregnancy, senior issues, transportation, prescription assistance and more.
For more information, contact:
Jayhawk Hub Manager
Schedule an Appointment