Location: Room 2046
The Jayhawk Hub is a one-stop center helping students who are getting back on their feet through an MCC education. It equips students to overcome basic needs challenges such as food insecurity, housing instability, transportation emergencies, and chronic stressors due to poverty and life challenges.
Winter/Spring 2023 Hours:
Monday: 8-5pm (Al Anon 12-1pm)
Thursday: 8-5pm (MDHHS from 1-4pm)
Friday: 8-12pm (Virtual- schedule an appointment below)
In the Hub you will find:
- The Jayhawk Hub Pantry. FREE to all students!
- Transportation Resources – MATS bus passes or gas cards
- Hub Professionals
- Jayhawk Hub Coordinator – Emily Merten
- Disability Support Services Office
- Student Success Coach – Elizabeth Arangure- Martinez
- MDHHS Specialist to assist with acquiring benefits including Medicaid, child care assistance, SNAP food assistance, and more.
- Al Anon (support group for those with family or friends struggling with alcoholism or addiction)
- Muskegon Rescue Mission – provides gift certificates for students to their thrift stores for FREE career clothing.
The Jayhawk Hub Coordinator is available to meet with students and help find solutions to their challenges. These challenges may include transportation emergencies and issues, risk of homelessness/housing crisis and concerns, lack of medical or dental care, and more.
- New Mental Health Hotline – Call 988
- All MCC counselors are Licensed Professional Counselors (LPC) or Limited Licensed Professional Counselors (LLPC).
- The MCC Counseling and Advising Center holistically supports MCC students’ mental wellness through short term personal counseling & mental health education. Schedule an appointment by calling (231) 777-0362
- Healthwest – https://healthwest.net/services/
Alcohol/Addiction or Substance Use Disorder
- Al Anon meets Monday’s in the Hub from 12-1pm
- Families Against Narcotics https://www.familiesagainstnarcotics.org/
- Healthwest (free Narcan vending machine in Muskegon and SUD resources and programs) https://healthwest.net/services/
Immediate Shelter/Domestic Violence
- Muskegon Rescue Mission https://muskegonmission.org/what-we-do/community-resources/
- Every Woman’s Place https://everywomansplace.org/
- Jayhawk Pantry (Main campus, Room 2046)
- Call 211 for other local food pantries
For more information, contact:
Jayhawk Hub Coordinator
Schedule an Appointment