New Student Orientation is a chance for students to get to know Muskegon Community College and all that we have to offer for our students.
You will gain information on:
- Campus Resources
- Financial Aid
- MCC Technology
- Counseling & Advising
- Registering for Classes
- Campus Navigation
- Student Life
- Meet New People
- Get your Student ID Photo Taken
- Get FREE SWAG!!!
Orientation is now mandatory for:
- All new students seeking certificates and degrees at MCC
- Transfer students transferring with less than 12 earned credits
Students who have transferred 12+ credits with a 2.0 or higher may request a waiver from Orientation. To do so please fill out a waiver form.
- New Dual Enrolled and Early College students
Learning what to do before you need to do it, and how to get help before you need it, can make your transition into college life the stress-free time you’ve envisioned. Attending an Orientation session at MCC will equip you with the tools you need to become a successful college student!
Click the button below that indicates the semester in which you will starting your first semester to schedule your Orientation!
If you are a Dual Enrolled student please contact your high school counselor regarding information on how to complete the online orientation as the in-person orientation is intended for students seeking certificates & degrees.
While waiting for your Orientation session please…
- Schedule placement testing if applicable. Call (231) 777-0394 for an appointment. Or, have placement test scores (SAT, ACT, Accuplacer) sent to the testing center.
- Make an appointment with a counselor in the Counseling and Advising Center in Room 101, after your testing is scheduled so you can get help picking your classes. Call (231) 777-0362 for an appointment.
Meet with a counselor early for a better selection of courses!
- Review the New Student Orientation Packet, which may be useful to you in your journey to educational success.
For more information…
For more information about the new student orientation at MCC, click on one of the following links below or submit your question to us using the online form below:
- For an Interactive Map, click here
- For Admission/Enrollment information, click here
- For Business Office/Cashiers information, click here
- For Financial Aid information, click here
- For Registration information, click here
- For Transcript information, click here
- To request an orientation waiver form, click here
For all other questions related to Orientation, please complete the request form below. After receiving your form, we will respond by email within two business days.