Muskegon Community College offers more than 80 degree and certificate options that provide our students with a well-rounded education that prepares them for today’s in-demand and emerging career fields. Our faculty are dedicated to providing MCC students with the knowledge and critical thinking skills they will need beyond the classroom.
- Associate in Applied Science (AAS)
- These degrees are focused on specific vocational areas and are designed to prepare students to enter the workforce. This degree is not typically designed as a transfer degree, however individual classes from these degrees may transfer to other colleges or universities.
- Associate in Science and Arts (ASA)
- This degree is designed to transfer to a college or university and apply towards its Bachelor’s degree programs. The degree includes liberal arts courses and electives and includes the Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA). Even if MCC does not offer a degree in your specific area of interest, you most likely can start taking classes at MCC that will transfer to your four-year college/university of choice. With careful planning, the ASA degree helps you to have most of the general education requirements completed before transferring.
- Associate in Science (AS) The Mechanical Engineering Associate in Science (AS) degree has been designed to prepare students to transfer as Junior status to bachelor’s degree programs in Mechanical Engineering at participating Michigan colleges or universities.
- Associate in General Studies (non-transferrable degree)
- Short-term programs designed to help students gain vocational skills or upgrade skills. These vary by area, but are usually completed within 1-3 semesters.
- Diploma – Diploma in Practical Nursing