- Hometown: Dublin, Ireland
- Professional Experience: Before coming to Michigan, I taught philosophy in Maine, Texas, and Hawaii. Before coming to the United States, I taught English in Europe and Asia.
- Academic Degrees: BA, Trinity College, Dublin, MA, The University of Hawaii at Manoa, PhD, The University of Texas at Austin
- Classes Taught: All philosophy classes
More About Me
- I’ve been a vegetarian since I was a kid.
- I love the music of Beethoven.
- My favorite definition of philosophy is David Hills’ to the effect that it is “the ungainly attempt to tackle questions that come naturally to children, using methods that come naturally to lawyers.”