A special networking event designed to connect Muskegon area businesses with local, regional, and state resources will be held on Tuesday, April 25, from 7:45-10 a.m. at the Muskegon Country Club, 2810 Lakeshore Drive.
Co-sponsored by the Muskegon Business Resource Team (BRT) and the Michigan Economic Development Corp (MEDC), the event, which includes breakfast and breakout sessions, is free, but seating is limited. Pre-registration is required. Visit www.eventbrite.com (search Muskegon Business Resource Connect) to register.
For more information, contact Darryl Todd, Muskegon Area First, at (231) 724-3179 or by email at email@example.com.
Kevin Stotts from Talent2025 is the keynote speaker and will also be conducting a breakout session for key executives in key leadership positions. Attendees will have a chance to meet with providers one-on-one, as well as to attend two breakout sessions on a variety of topics.
“The Business Resource Connect is a one-stop type of event where business owners can network with numerous business service providers all at one time, instead of having the providers individually call on them,” said Darryl Todd, business development specialist for Muskegon Area First.
“The concept was initiated by Ed Garner of Muskegon Area First,” explained says Cyndi Langlois, Associate Dean of Workforce and Talent Development at Muskegon Community College. “MCC is a proud member of the Business Resource Team and identifies the need to streamline resources available to businesses.”
BRT focuses on topics around obtaining a skilled workforce, growth and expansion, and a variety of services, many of which are free to the business.
Nearly 100 people attended the first Muskegon Business Resource Connect event in June 2016. The BRT partner services are extensive and include business planning, employee training and recruitment, business expansion resources, support for exporting, human resource topics, government contracting, funding sources, and entrepreneurial resources.
Resource partners scheduled for the April 25 event include:
- Discover Manufacturing
- Downtown Muskegon Now
- Economic Development Foundation
- Employers Association of West Michigan
- Grand Rapids Opportunities for Women (GROW)
- The Muskegon Innovation Hub / GVSU
- Local governmental municipalities
- Michigan Manufacturing Technology Center (MMTC)
- Muskegon Area Career Tech Center
- Muskegon Area First Economic Development Corp (MAF)
- Muskegon Community College (MCC)
- Muskegon Lakeshore Chamber of Commerce (MLCC)
- Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC)
- Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC)
- MEDC Export Services
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
- West Michigan Works!
- White Lake Area Chamber of Commerce
To learn more about the BRT or the previous event, view the BRT Connect video at: https://vimeo.com/172073844.