Spanning diverse media and subject matter, the MCC Art Faculty Exhibit will be on view through Dec. 4 in MCC’s Overbrook Art Gallery.
A free public reception will be held Wednesday, Nov. 18, from 6-7 p.m. with a gallery talk by the artists at 6:30 p.m. Overbrook Gallery hours are 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Friday with special weekend and evening hours during performances and concerts in the adjacent Overbrook Theater. Call (231) 777-0324 for more information.
The exhibit features works by the several MCC instructors:
• Keith Downie, adjunct instructor of drawing and gallery/collection practicum, exhibits provocative paintings with overtones of socio-psychological commentary.
• LeeAnn Frame, adjunct instructor of drawing, art history, and art appreciation, shows landscape prints reflecting her travels both far and near. Also working within the printmaking tradition.
• Erin Hoffman displays mixed-media pieces relating to contemporary environmental concerns. Erin is Instructor of drawing, painting, 2-D design, drawing for graphic design, art appreciation, and art history.
• Corene Kufta, adjunct instructor of art appreciation and 3-D design, exhibits expressively gestural landscape paintings.
• Tim Norris, instructor of drawing, painting, and art history, uses history and science for the subject matter of his paintings and drawings.
• Patricia Opel, adjunct instructor of drawing and painting, exhibits painted assemblages with references to ancient Germanic and Norse mythology.
• Chip VanderWier, adjunct instructor of ceramics, displays clay and metal sculptures that explore ancient universal symbols within a refined formalism.