The Perkins Occupational Grant provides financial assistance to eligible students who are enrolled in occupational programs at Muskegon Community College and are experiencing economic difficulties. Any student requesting the grant must meet the eligibility requirements and complete all required paperwork.
An Occupational Student is a student who meets one of the following criteria:
- Is formally enrolled in an occupational program as identified by the curriculum code; or
- Has declared an intent or commitment through a career assessment to formally enroll in an occupational program; or
- Has enrolled in a general occupational course or apprenticeship-related instruction for the purpose of job training
And meets one or more of the following:
- individuals with disabilities;
- individuals from economically disadvantaged families, including low-income youth and adults;
- individuals preparing for non-traditional fields;
- single parents, including single pregnant women’
- out-of-workforce individuals;
- English learners;
- homeless individuals described in section 725 of the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act (42 U.S.C. 11434a);
- youth who are in, or have aged out of, the foster care system; and
To apply for the grant please sign into MyMCC and click on Student Services, Disability Support Services and Attendance Cost Request.
For additional information or questions, please e-mail email@example.com or call 231-777-0309.