Steps for Veterans Benefits (GI Bill® and Voc Rehab)

  1. Apply for VA Education Benefits (GI Bill®
  • Online application for veterans:
    • “Claim” you are making
      • First time using GI Bill®: Form 22-1990 “Application for VA Education Benefits”
      • To transfer your GI Bill® to MCC from another schoolForm 22-1995, “Change of Program or Place of Training”
      • Application for Vocational Rehabilitation (VA service-connected disability rating of 10% or higher): Form 28-1900 Disabled Veterans Application
    • Note: The VA pays the GI Bill® by direct deposit. Have a bank routing number and bank account number on hand to complete the application.
  • Qualify for more than one VA Program? Compare the benefits here:
  • The VA will mail you a Certificate of Eligibility (CoE) once processed (up to 30 days)
  1. Request Military Credit Transcripts and previous official college transcripts. Most transcripts can be sent electronically.

Transcript Evaluation
Muskegon Community College
221 S. Quarterline Road, Muskegon, MI 49442

  1. Locate your DD-214 (Version: Member 4 or Service 2)
  1. Set up an appointment to turn in your CoE and DD-214, and to complete final steps by contacting:
Office of Student Success – Room 1055

View the MCC Application Checklist


Schedule your appointment with the MCC VA Representative here:


GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at