The services and resources are available to Muskegon Community College students and personnel and all residents from the West Michigan area.
CIRCULATION / PUBLIC SERVICES DESK (231-777-0270)
- Reserve materials (items held here by request of instructors for their classes). These materials have varying check-out periods and may be limited to library use only.
- You may place a Hold on a book that is already checked out. When the checked out item is returned, we will hold it for you and notify you to come in and pick it up.
- Materials may be renewed at the desk or by phone.
- Staff can retrieve earlier copies of periodicals, newspapers, and audiovisual materials.
- Books – 10 cents per day $3.00 max.
- Non-book materials – 10 cents per day $3.00 max.
- Interlibrary loan materials – $1.00 per day $15.00 max.
- Reserve materials (circulating) – $1.00 per day $15.00 max.
- Reserve materials (room use only) – $10.00 per day $50.00 max.
- Textbook Collection – $10.00 per day.
- Cards to borrow library materials are available to anyone with a valid Michigan driver’s license or Michigan I.D.
- A parent or legal guardian must sign the library card application for minors under the age of 18.
- Temporary Student Library cards will be issued to students waiting on their MyMCC ID card and will be valid for 30 days from issue date.
- Student MyMCC ID cards are their library card, (see New Student Orientation for directions or visit the Information Commons, located one floor below the library)
- You must present your card to check out materials.
- Community Guest Library Cards are issued to residents of Michigan who have completed the application form and presented a valid ID (Driver’s License, Passport, etc.)
REFERENCE AREA (231-777-0326)
- Reference librarians are eager to assist you in learning how to locate and use materials in the library. They can help in the selection of materials and the development of search strategies.
- Area contains research access computer for printing, searching the library catalog, electronic databases, etc.
- MAC computer
- Color printer and Black & White printer (copier is located near the Public Service desk)
- The MSDNAA disks are also available at this desk.
- All books, videotapes, DVDs, CDs and instructor’s reserve materials are listed in the online catalog.
- Entries have the shelf location to the right of the call number indicating where the material may be found.
- If you need assistance in finding material, ask at the reference or public services desks.
- Classification System
INTERLIBRARY LOAN (231-777-0205)
- Books, journals, magazines, CDs and DVDs not available at the MCC Library may be requested through Interlibrary Loan.
- Forms are available near the WebCat computers. For help filling out the form, ask a reference librarian.
- Contains historical material about Muskegon Community College.
- For access to this material please contact the Archivist or Assistant Archivist.
- Six rooms are located in the back of the library.
- The smaller rooms have seating for up to four persons; the larger rooms have computers and are designed for five to six persons.
- All rooms contain a whiteboard
- Sign up at the circulation desk to use one of the rooms.
- Users must follow the acceptable use guidelines.
- Computer to access the Online resources are wheelchair accessible.
- Copy machine is located on the main level of the library near the Public Service desk.
- Book drops are located in the hall outside the Library front door, at the Public Services Desk, and in the circle drive outside the library.
- For more information regarding library services, please contact us.